Blossom Ireland is committed to maintaining the highest standards of governance to ensure full transparency in how we operate. Blossom Ireland actively demonstrates openness, transparency and integrity to all of our beneficiaries and donors. We are fully compliant with all relevant Irish charity legislation and regulatory frameworks.
In 2022, we received the Triple Lock Standard from the Charities Institute of Ireland in recognition of best practice transparency and accountability for the fourth year in a row. This is a huge achievement for Blossom Ireland as there are only approx. 60 charities in Ireland who have received Triple Lock status.
We regularly monitor compliance with all policies and standards of governance.
- We are fully compliant with the Charities Governance Code as set out by the Charities Regulator in 2018
- We are signed up to the Guidelines for Charitable Organisations Fundraising from the Public
- We have adopted the use of Charities SORP (FRS102) in our financial statements
- We fully embrace the work of the Charities Regulatory Authority,
- We implemented the following Financial Reserve and Investment Policy in accordance with recommended best practice
- Our Data Protection Policy is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We regularly monitor compliance with all of the above.
Finance & Annual Reports
- Ongoing impact of Covid-19 on our organisation and programmes.
- Scaling-up of My Blossom Channel nationally.
- Uniquely Me course launched.
- Covid-19 direct impact on services and fundraising.
- Launch of My Blossom Channel, Ireland’s first eLearning platform for young people with intellectual disabilities.
- 81% of every Euro donated goes towards our vital services.
- Started 3 year strategic plan 2019 – 2021
- New logo and branding and name for services
- Moved offices & facilities to Northern Cross, Dublin 17
- 43% increase in numbers attending the services
- New 3 year strategic plan completed 2019 – 2021
- Core team increased from 4 part-time staff to 5.5 full-time staff
- Achieved Triple Lock standard of governance
- Income increased by 47% and expenditure increased by 33%
- Fully compliant with the Code of Governance
- Received financial awards from Ireland Funds flagship grant and Social Innovation Fund