The Uniquely Me course explores (over 8 weeks) the topic of disability in a broad sense and what it means to each young person on the course.
- Unit 1: Introduction
- Unit 2: Let’s talk about disability
- Unit 3: My Supports
- Unit 4: Celebrating disabilities!
- Unit 5: Making Decisions
- Unit 6: My Voice
- Unit 7: My Story
Pre-requisite: we highly recommend that participants have completed Blossom Ireland Assertiveness Course before starting Uniquely Me.
It is important that before signing up each participant meets the following criteria:
- are aged between 15-25,
- have an intellectual disability,
- have a designated Champion to provide support during the duration of the course,
- are available along with their Champion for two hours each week (one hour of self-paced learning and one hour for the scheduled weekly Meet-up, Tuesdays @7pm),
- have access to the Internet and to a device (laptop or tablet).
Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis once registration form and payment have been received.