Are you ready? This Summer, take on the Blossom Summer Challenge!
Did you know? Over 80% of people with intellectual disabilities in Ireland are unemployed while only 0.1% are enrolled in higher education. It doesn’t need to be this way. By supporting the Blossom Summer Challenge, you can provide lifechanging education and supports for young people with intellectual disabilities and their families.
Over half of our programmes are powered by fundraised income. We need you to step-up this summer for the Blossom Summer Challenge!
We’re raising vitally-needed funds to continue operating My Blossom Channel – Ireland’s first and only fully-accessible digital learning platform for young people with intellectual disabilities!
How do I get involved?
1. Create a challenge for yourself – it can be anything! Walk 10,000 steps a day for a week, run a marathon in a month, swim every morning – all that matters is that you make moves for Blossom Ireland!
2. Receive your FREE fundraising pack of Blossom merch! We’ll post it to you as soon as you sign-up.
3. Share with family & friends and start making a difference!
Whether you set yourself a daily step goal, challenge yourself to walk/run a marathon in a month or organise a group swim, every euro raised will support our work across Ireland.
Will you rise to the challenge?
Here are just a few ways your support can help young people with intellectual disabilities across Ireland:
- A €15 donation can help provide essential materials for our facilitation staff to make the learning experience as impactful as possible.
- A €50 donation can provide an educational resource pack for one family, so that young people with an intellectual disability can feel thoroughly supported at home.
- A €100 donation can give access to our fully-accessible online learning platform to a young person with an intellectual disability, providing them with vital skills-based training to prepare them for life as an adult.
Get Inspired by Past Participants!
Stuck for ideas? Check out some of our phenomenal past participants for inspiration!
Rory decided to walk 10km over 10 days. He was able to complete this challenge alongside his friends and family while exploring his local area and embracing every view his town had to offer! With all his efforts, Rory managed to raise over €3,000 and he ended up walking over 11km – even more than his target! Amazing! It was a fantastic end to the summer for Rory and Blossom Ireland!
Our lovely participant Anna followed in Rory’s footsteps and also covered 10km in 10 days and flew at her challenge! Anna’s aim was to raise €100 and she ended up raising over €300! She covered a lot of ground and we were beginning to get jealous of all the beautiful places she got to discover while completing her challenge! Why not be like Anna and try different or new places while completing your challenge – and let us know if you find any hidden gems!
Next up, we had team Homie, which consisted of two of our peer mentors and, more importantly, best friends Howard and Alex! These two took on their challenge and had the best craic by cycling 10km together in one day! They set out to raise €500 for Blossom Ireland and ended up raising a whopping €1,980! They were met at the finish line by all of their loved ones rooting for them as they finished their challenge. Grab a few friends or go it alone and spend a day on your bike to see how many kilometres you can cover for Blossom Ireland!
If you have any other ideas you may want to take on as an individual or as a team, we would be delighted to hear from you! If you have any questions about what kind of challenges you can do, email Shane at Shane@blossomireland.ie.
This Summer, have fun while giving back – get involved and share your progress with us by sharing pictures with us of what challenge you’ve created for yourself! #BlossomSummerChallenge
With any queries, please contact Shane at Shane@blossomireland.ie.