REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
The Assertiveness course supports young people with ID to speak up about themselves and share their opinion over 7 weeks.
- Unit 1: Introduction to the objectives of the course and how to navigate the learning platform
- Unit 2: About me – learn about the power of sharing about yourself safely!
- Unit 3: My Character Strengths – what are they and which ones are mine?
- Unit 4: Likes & Dislikes – Tell us more about yourself!
- Unit 5: Getting my point across – The power of opinions.
- Unit 6: Telling others about me – It’s time to share your Big 6!
CRITERIA OF SUITABILITY FOR THE COURSES
It is important that before signing up each participant meets the following criteria:
- are aged between 15-25,
- have an intellectual disability,
- have a designated Champion to provide support during the duration of the course,
- are available along with their Champion for two hours each week (one hour of self-paced learning and one hour for the scheduled weekly Meet-up),
- have access to the Internet and to a device (laptop or tablet).
Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis once all forms and payment have been received.